1. Hire Charges
a) Regular users – payment monthly in advance or as agreed by the Management Committee.
b) All other hirers – hire charges must be prepaid. In addition a deposit is required, all or part of which may be retained against damage, extra cleaning etc.
c) The charges are reviewed annually by the Management Committee. Any variation will be made known to regular hirers in January to be effective from 1st April. Other hirers will be advised of the position when booking.
2. The hirer or user shall be responsible to the Management Committee for all damage or loss to the Centre and its contents during the period of hire or use, and for ensuring that order is maintained. Any hire period shall terminate only after the requirements of Paragraph 11 have been completed.
3. The Centre shall not be used for any illegal or immoral purpose or for any purpose connected with gaming or wagering, provided that for the purpose of these Regulations, Bingo, within the prescribed limits of any licence, shall not be deemed to be gaming or wagering.
4. Bingo will not be allowed at the Centre where held for private gain but only when profits made are for charitable or club purposes. No club using the facilities for Bingo may charge more than or give prizes exceeding the amounts stated in the relevant regulations. The Management Committee reserves the right to control the admission of persons to the Centre at all times. This does not interfere with the right of the hirer to control admission to the Bingo itself.
5. The use of candles is NOT permitted.
6. If alcohol is to be sold, a TEMPORARY EVENTS NOTICE must be obtained from Dacorum Borough Council.
7. The maximum seating capacity of the Large Hall is 220 persons and that of the Small Hall is 90. The hirer or user shall ensure that such numbers are not exceeded.
8. When the Centre is being used for the purpose of dances or other social functions, the hirer or user shall ensure that the total number does not exceed 360 persons in accordance with Fire Regulations.
9. The finishing time for all hirings is 11.45pm unless specific written consent to an extension of such time has been given by the Management Committee.
10. Music may be performed or played at the Centre. In view of the proximity of the surrounding houses all users are requested to ensure that the volume of sound is kept to a reasonable level especially when amplifying equipment is in use.
11. The hirer shall, at the end of the hire period, be responsible for leaving the Centre:
– in a clean and tidy state
– with all lights switched off
– the windows closed and fastened
– and all doors locked on departure.
This shall be completed within one hour after the end of the function for which the Centre is hired.
12. After any social function the Centre shall be swept and all the equipment, including tables and chairs, be left in a reasonable clean condition and tidied away as on arrival. This may be done before 10 a.m. on the morning following the function. If not completed by that time the hirer may, at the discretion of the Management Committee, be charged for that morning’s session.
13. The Management Committee cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage to any personal belongings or equipment not the property of the Association, nor for any personal injury to a person or persons attending the event.
14. The Management Committee reserve the right of inspection of the Centre at all times by any of its members or duly authorised representatives.
15. All bookings are personal to the hirer and may not be transferred or exchanged without the written consent of the Management Committee. The Management Committee further reserves the right to cancel any booking at any time. When bookings, already accepted, are cancelled without good and sufficient reason, the hirer may be subject to a cancellation fee of not less than one third of the full letting fee agreed on acceptance of the booking. The discretion of the Management Committee is reserved on this matter.
16. NO DECORATIONS MAY BE FIXED ON WALLS, CEILINGS OR PAINTWORK by any means. Hooks are provided to which decorations may be attached.
17. It is against the law to smoke or TO ALLOW OTHERS to smoke on these premises. The hirer accepts responsibility for ensuring that the regulations regarding this are complied with.
18. Food Hygiene Regulations – Hirers should conform to these. An information pack is available in the kitchen. Please note you are only allowed to reheat not cook food.
19. The Management Committee request that stiletto heels should not be worn in the Main Hall as this damages the floor.
20. ALL EXITS MUST BE KEPT FREE OF OBSTRUCTIONS AT ALL TIMES.
21. The booking of the Centre shall not be deemed to be completed until the hirer has signed a copy of these regulations, thereby signifying acceptance thereof. If the hirer is not an individual the signature shall be that of a duly authorised representative of the hirer. Such an authorised representative shall be responsible for obtaining any required authorisation and if failing to do so shall be deemed to be himself the hirer. All hirers are responsible for the collection and return of the keys.
22. The Management Committee reserves the right to amend these regulations at any time.
Click link below to download a printable version of these terms and contitions to sign.